Joining us today to offer musicians a few tips on how to win over radio execs is independent radio professional, author, and speaker D Grant Smith, host of Appetizer Radio.
When it comes to building lasting relationships with indie music radio professionals, or just the media in general, “growth farmer” D Grant Smith from Appetizer Radio knows a thing to two about what works. If you’re an artist or in a band that hasn’t been able to figure out why radio programmers aren’t playing your music, then listen to this interview. D Grant Smith lays out a blueprint for growth farming and building lasting relationships that get you the attention/coverage you want. It’s about more than just submitting your music, it’s about relationships.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- How NOT to pitch yourself to radio professionals
- What makes radio executives respond to your email pitches
- Why you need to get a copy of “The DIY Musicians Radio Handbook”
- and more…
MUSIC FEATURED INCLUDES:
- FIVES – “My Gravity”
- Jaylon Ashaun – “Imagination” (ft. Beleaf)
- Sonia DePellegrin – “Luckystars”
- The smallest Creature – “Reboot”
- Ramsey – “The Garden” (Trip Hop)
- Denmantau – “Little Darling” (Rock)
Subscribe and leave a review on iTunes for The Miews Podcast.
Follow Shaine on Twitter & IG: @ShaineFreeman